Inclement Weather Plan (for BSD staff)
We make every effort to make the decision about school delays and closures due to winter weather as early as possible with communication going out to students and staff by 6 a.m.
- The first notice to go out is an all-staff email. If you wake up and see snow or icy conditions - please check your District email before leaving home!
- The first notice to go out is a Flash Alert text messages.
- Learn more about Flash Alert and sign-up here.
- Flash Alert is the tool we use to notify local media.
- This is the only option for staff to receive text messages at this time.
Once these first two steps are complete, we will continue to communicate the information via:
- District websites (look for alerts on all District home pages)
- District social media: @BremertonSchools on Facebook and @bremertonSD on Twitter
- Local media (Kitsap Sun, Kitsap Daily News, and Seattle TV and radio)
- District "robo call" and email **
- District News and Information phone line at 360.473.1002 #1 (Spanish information is #2)
**2/11/2021 Update: The District will NOT be sending all-staff or Districtwide robo calls to families for snow days until further notice. Families and staff likely don't want/need to get jolted awake by a call at that hour when a snow day won't have much impact on their schedule since many of our students and staff are learning/teaching online.
- For the week of February 8, District "robo calls" will only go to families with K-2 Hybrid Learning students and students receiving in-person special education services.
- Beginning February 16, calls will go to families with K-5 Hybrid Learning students, Restorative School students, and students receiving in-person special education services.
Graphic for staff use on snow days
Feel free to "right click" on the graphic below if you'd like to add this graphic to your Google Classroom or Teacher website. This graphic is NOT dated so be sure to specify if you post this. Please consider linking this graphic to our Winter Weather information page for families: www.BremertonSchools.org/Snow.