Bremerton School District Grant Guidelines
These guidelines are for staff who want to apply for a grant to support their classroom, sport/activity or a school or District program.
Grant Approval Process
- Grants under $500 should be reviewed and approved by a building administrator.
- The District Grant Pre-Application Form must be completed before a grant application for requests $501 or higher is submitted.
- Grant requests to the Bremerton Schools & Alumni Foundation, and any formal PTA/PTSA grant requests are also subject to these guidelines.
- For “Donor’s Choose” requests, only questions 1-8 of the Grant Pre-Application form are required.
The Bremerton School District wants to support teachers in creating engaging classroom spaces. We do our best to meet teachers' and students' needs for classroom supplies with state funding, but we know we do not have the funding for all the items on teachers' wish lists. Crowdsource funding sites (Such as Donor's Choose) have become a popular way for teachers and others to raise money for these items.
Currently, the only “crowdsource funding” website approved by the District is Donor’s Choose. BSD staff may use Donor’s Choose only when:
- Supplies, materials, or equipment are intended to enhance or extend district instructional programs;Contributions are non-cash donations of supplies, materials or equipment;
- Written permission is received before posting the request following the guidelines above.
- All non-technology items are shipped directly to the school site to be inventoried prior to being used in the classroom.
- For large shipments, arrangements can be made with the District’s warehouse for delivery.
- All technology items are shipped directly to BSD’s technology department for inventory where it will be barcoded and added to the site's inventory list.
- For an exemption, please contact IT directly.
Important: once donated, all supplies, materials, or equipment become property of the District.