PARENT RESOURCESThe Parent Resources section will be devoted to providing research-based resources that enhance your students education. This section will be continually updated as additional documents and website are available.
- Parent & Student Rights from Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Research-Based Tips for High-Achievement Parenting (Achievement Gap Initiative, Harvard University)
- The Achievement Gap Initiative - Harvard University
- Your Child's Progress: Learning Goals for the School Year
- Understanding Youth Gangs: A Guide for Parents
- Washington State Department of Early Learning - Parents & Family
- Internet Safety: A Guide for Parents and Teens
- Be a Learning Hero
- The guides provide an overview of what children will learn by the end of each grade in math and English Language Arts.
Eureka MathSUPPORT FOR PARENTSParents are their child’s chief advocate and most essential teacher – at homework time and always. To assist in this crucial role, we have assembled a suite of resources that will help you to help your child become proficient in math. New Family Support Video.Answers to questions about Eureka Math often asked by parents, teachers, and others.You can assist your child with Eureka Math homework problems with these helpers that illustrate problems similar to those your child will be assigned in class. Print editions now available! Eureka Math homework problems, we offer Homework Helpers for the first 75 days (approximately) of instruction for grades K through 12 as free PDF downloads. After 75 days parents can request copies of Homework Helpers from the teacher.These Tip Sheets will help you address questions children may have about Eureka Math. They provide an overview of the module and include tip on how you can support your child's learning at home.Videos which explore and explain concepts fundamental to Eureka Math for both parents and students.Additional ResourcesHere are additional online resources which parents may also find useful:
- Oakdale Schools Math Homework Help
Here you will see a sample of what was done in class and how it was completed correctly. Parents can view by grade, module, lesson. Helpful videos demonstrating lessons are also available at most grade levels.
- Lafayette Schools Math Resource
This is a detailed, grade-by-grade explanation of the units taught. The district put this together to help parents better understand the shifts taking place in math instruction.
- Barrington, RI Parent Website
This is a highly accessible website that the district created to help parents understand the key concepts and skills their children are learning with Eureka Math.
- PTA Guides to the Standards in ELA and Math
The guides provide an overview of what children will learn by the end of each grade in math as well as English language arts.
- EngageNY Parent Portal
The New York state website has many resources to help parents become more familiar with the new standards and curriculum, including in math.
- Great Schools Milestones
Short videos help parents understand what the standards expect students to be able to do in math and English language arts by the end of each grade.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
This web site has fun games that parents can play with their children. These are aligned to good math instruction and help children learn basic math procedures, which remain an essential component of math instruction.
- How to Implement a Story of Units
- Oakdale Schools Math Homework Help
K-5 English Language Arts Curriculum - WondersBremerton School District recently adopted a new strong K-5 core reading curriculum that we will start to use the fall of 2015. For more information, click here for a program overviewWonders has a variety of digital tools and resources to support students and parents at home.
Reading Wonders includes a strong family component and access via technology for families (coming soon) to support their children with additional practice opportunities and enrichment. For technology access, please contact your schools Multi Media Specialist.
- "How-To" video on using digital tools for parents and students
- Letter to Parents - this letter will come home with students to parents with login information to Reading Wonders online resources. Parents can contact the school Mulit-Media Specialist with questions.
Armin Jahr Kelly Carr Crownhill Sheilagh Flanagan Dicicco Kitsap Lake Tara Cleveland Naval Ave Katie Exum View Ridge Lynda Shipley West Hills S.T.E.M. Val Sandell