Bremerton School District Board of Directors
(L-R above) Director Karen Bolton, Director Jonee Dubos, Student Representative Julie Meyer, President Alyson Rotter, Director Carolynn Perkins, Vice-President John Hurley.
The Bremerton School Board of Directors is made up of five citizens who are elected to serve four-year terms. Our school board also includes a student representative from Bremerton High School who serves a one-year term.
The Board's primary responsibilities are:
- Adopting policies that ensure the District operates within state law (view our Policy Adoption Process);
- Setting the vision and mission for the District and monitor progress with Superintendent and Board goals;
- Adopting an annual budget for the District and having legal and fiduciary responsibility to the voters for its use;
- Hiring a superintendent to manage the operation of the District and evaluating the superintendent's performance;
- Serving as an elected representative between the school district and the community to ensure that local priorities are included in the education of children.
All are welcome at Bremerton School Board meetings. Learn more about our School Board meetings here.