There are two positions up for vote this November 2017. Bremerton School District Positions/Offices Open for Filing are:
Director Position 4 (Incumbent Alyson Rotter)
Director Position 5 (incumbent Carolynn Perkins)
Both directors have confirmed their intent to seek re-election. If you are interested in running for one of these positions, here is some important information. (Note that Filing Week is coming up soon.) The Kitsap County Auditor’s Office provides several online resources for candidates and voters where you will find all of the latest elections information. Online candidate filing allows candidates to submit forms, filing fees, candidate statements and photos electronically. 2017 Candidate and Campaign Guidelines Books (pdf)
Key 2017 dates for school director candidates:
- May 1 - First day Candidate Filings are accepted by mail
- May 15-19 - Candidate Filing Week
- May 22 - Deadline to withdraw
- July 14 - Deadline to file as a write-in candidate
- Primary Election: 1 (all mail)
- General Election: Nov. 7 (all mail)
What kind of training is available?
The Washington State School Directors’ Association (WSSDA) provides training and support to school directors. WSSDA is offering eight free workshops for school board candidates across the state in June 2017.
Links to candidate filing workshop videos are available at the Auditor’s Office website.
Our Board Officers for 2017Alyson Rotter, President, State Legislative RepresentativeCarolynn Perkins, Vice-President, Federal Legislative RepresentativeJonee Dubos, AuditorNaomi EvansDave Rubie, WIAA Representative
One of the best ways to stay informed of what's happening in public education in your community and to have a voice in it, is to attend a meeting of your local school board. Our Board welcomes you at its meetings. If you would like to bring something to the attention of the directors, there is a public comment period at the beginning of each regular meeting where visitors may make presentations lasting up to three minutes. Provided near the entrance, you will find forms, “Request to Address The Board of Directors;” please complete this form and give to Ms. Cossack before the Board meeting if you wish to provide comments. You may also comment prior to Board action on any specific action agenda item, by simply raising your hand during Board discussion. Comments on agenda items are also limited to three minutes. You may also write, email, or telephone your school board directors to make your opinions known.
Please note that discussions regarding individual staff or students are not appropriate for a public meeting. Please contact the Superintendent regarding these complaint procedures.
2016-2017 Board Meeting Schedule
The Board meets most first and third Thursday at 5:00 pm in the Board Room, District Administration Building, 134 Marion Ave. N. Complete School Board Meeting Schedule
Agendas, Minutes, and Other Information
For agendas, minutes, and other information, please visit our BoardDocs website. It is an easy site to navigate around. Here are a few tips:
- For information on individual Board members, visit the Welcome page, select Board Members on the left side.
- For current meeting informaton, select the "Information" tab, which displays current meeting agendas and materials.
- For past meeting information, select the "Meetings" tab to scroll down through past meeting agendas and materials.
- To view minutes, click on "View the Minutes" button on the right (available only after approval by the Board).
- To view upcoming meeting schedules and planned study sessions, click on the "Library" tab, then General, then click on Schedules.
If you have any questions or comments about BoardDocs, please contact Ioanna Cossack at email@example.com or call 360.473.1031.