Media guidelines for Bremerton School-District sponsored events
- Media are welcome to attend Bremerton School District-sponsored student events.
- All working media members wanting to attend/cover a BSD-sponsored student event must have current media ID/credentials.
- Working media members (up to 3 people) do not have to purchase tickets for events if they are attending to cover the school-sponsored event and have current media ID/credentials.
- Prior to or immediately upon arrival at any BSD-sponsored event, media members are asked to notify Karen Bevers, District Communication Director by phone or text at 360-900-3842.
- Media members should enter through the main gate or entrance with spectators unless other arrangements have been made with the District Communication Director, BHS Athletic Director, or the building principal.
- If interacting with students, parents, staff or other attendees, media members must identify themselves and the media outlet for which they work.
- To protect the safety of all students and spectators, only coaches and authorized students and staff are allowed on the Memorial Stadium track and field during school-sponsored events.
- Media members are not allowed on the track or field during BSD-sponsored events at Memorial Stadium.
- The Kitsap Sun serves as the regular pool photographer for all Bremerton High School athletic events.
- To request pool photos, contact David Nelson at or 360-415-2679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other media photographers/videographers wishing to serve as the pool photographer for a game should contact Karen Bevers at 360-473-1014 or Karen.Bevers@BremertonSchools.org
- The District reserves the right to restrict media access during a BSD-sponsored event.
- BHS locker and dressing rooms are closed.
- Media presence at BSD-sponsored events should not interfere with or negatively impact event spectators’ experience.
- The District reserves the right to ask media to leave the school-sponsored event if their presence or actions are disruptive or interfering with students or spectators.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Media access of District Facilities (outside of school hours and BSD-sponsored events)
- Memorial Stadium, Mountain View Middle School fields, and elementary playgrounds are open to the public after school hours and on weekends.
- Media members may access the District sports facilities listed above outside of school hours long as:
- Prior to or upon arrival, media members notify Karen Bevers, District Communication Director by phone or text at 360-900-3842.
- Media presence does not interfere with students using the facility for team practice or individual exercise.
- Media members must stay off of the track and/or fields that are in use by students for practice or games/meets. Media members are allowed to be in the grandstands, on the perimeter of the track, or on the sidewalk surrounding the stadium.
- Any photos or videos taken must be:
- Done in a way that individual students are not identifiable or
- Cleared for parent opt-out by the District Communications Director, Athletic Director, building principal or designee.
Thanks for your cooperation.
To request an interview with a student for a feature or news story (other than sports), please contact the Communications Department.
For permission to interview an athlete at a BSD-sponsored athletic event, please contact the Athletic Department.