Classified substitutes are essential in education!
2022 Classified substitute bonus
The Bremerton School District and BPEA (Bremerton Professional Education Association), in an effort to increase the number of classified substitutes that fall under the BPEA union, recently enacted the following agreement with incentives for the 2022-23 school year.
- A classified substitute employee, who is not employed with the District, and who completes 45 assigned work shifts of employment will be paid a one-time bonus of $150.
- A classified substitute employee, who is not employed with the District, and who completes 60 assigned work shifts of employment will be paid a one-time bonus of $300 (additional to the $150 bonus paid earlier).
- A classified substitute employee, who is not employed with the District, and who completes 75 assigned work shifts of employment will be paid a one-time bonus of $450 (in addition to the $150 and $300 bonuses paid earlier).
- For the purposes of calculating these bonuses, calculation of the number of assigned work shifts will begin August 31, 2022. For the purposes of this LOA (Letter of Agreement), a work shift is a period of work assigned for a single day and may include planned gaps in hours assigned. For the purposes of this LOA, an assigned work shift must be at least 4 hours in length.
Individuals who are interested in serving as a classified substitute in the Bremerton School District will need to complete an online application for the specific position. All new employees are also required to pass a fingerprint/background check.
If you have any questions, please contact Leesa Bowie: email@example.com.
National ParaPro Assessment
In order to be hired into a permanent paraeducator position, you must meet one of the following three requirements:
This national test is offered at our local OESD #114 and at other locations around the state. Check the ParaPro test schedule here and register for a date! Payment is required at time of registration. If none of these dates work for your schedule you can contact the Olympic ESD for National ParaPro testing dates and information at 360.479.0993.
- Have an AA Degree
- Have a minimum of 72 college credits
- Pass the National ParaPro Assessment
If you have any questions or would like additional information about substituting (Certificated or Classified) in the Bremerton School District, please call the Substitute Facilitator, Kathy Nelson 360.473.1022.Here is a listing of all Substitute/On-Call Pay Rates.