Thank you, voters!
Proposition 1: 4-year replacement Educational Programs and Operations Levy (previously called Maintenance & Operations or M&O):
- The current levy expires at the end of 2020 (collection years were 2019-2020)
- This levy would be collected in 2021-2024
- This levy would replace that funding for programs that are important for our students and our schools
- Funds from this levy account for approximately 15% of the Bremerton School District budget
- Projected rate per thousand of $2.50
- Will provide funding for:
- Extra and co-curricular programs (sports, student clubs)
- Assistance for students with special needs (backfilling what state and federal funding do not cover)
- Staff with professional development
- Support for the District focus on Social-Emotional Learning implementation
- Specialty programs such as Arts Integration, Dual Language Immersion, STEM, summer school, etc.
- Support for K-12 AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) training and implementation
- Classified staff for grounds, operations, facilities, school security and health support (currently 53% provided by levy funds)
- Student mental health support (100% of BSD cost provided by levy funds)
- Provide for School Resource Officer (100% of BSD cost provided by levy funds)
Proposition 2: 2-year replacement Capital Levy
- This levy would replace the current capital levy which expires at the end of 2020.
- Funds would fund replacements of and improvements to existing facilities of the District to meet current and future educational programs for students including:
- Health and safety improvements
- Fire safety
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning improvements
- Exterior maintenance
- Other building repairs or improvements.
- Projected rate per thousand of $1.23
Please join us to learn more and asks questions!
Wednesday, January 22, 5-7:30 p.m.
At Bremerton High School (Commons)
Tuesday, February 5, 1-2 p.m. (new date - replaces 1/15 meeting cancelled due to winter weather)
At the District Office (134 Marion Avenue, Bremerton)
View the Facebook event page.
Exemption from taxes may be available to certain homeowners. To determine if you qualify, contat the Kitsap County Assessor at 360-337-7160.
News & Information
View our January 2020 community newsletter
1/30/2020: Kitsap Sun article - School funding measures in Bremerton, North Mason on the Feb. 11 ballot
11/15/19: Kitsap Sun article - Bremerton school board considering ballot measures in 2020
10/17/19 Facilities Prioritization & Planning presentation to the Bremerton School Board
10/3/19: Renewal Levy presentation to the Bremerton School Board