2020-21 School Meals Program (effective 1/26/2021)
2020-21 School Meals Program
Meals are available at no cost for all children* in the community.
The Bremerton School District provides meals for all children in the community age 18 and under, or up to age 21 if enrolled in the Bremerton School District.
- Children do not have to be enrolled in the Bremerton School District to receive a meal.
- The meal bags will contain a breakfast and a lunch for one day.
- Students do not need to be present for a parent/guardian to receive a meal.
- A parent, guardian, or caretaker may pick up the meal bag.
*In August, the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced that schools can continue serving free meals to all children into the fall months. This will help ensure children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the announcement.
Where to get meals
- Meals are available at all schools** from 9 a.m. - 12 noon daily (9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. beginning 1/26)
- BSD buses deliver meals Monday through Friday.
- Families can go to any bus stop or school that is convenient for them.
- Click here to view the meal delivery bus routes
- See details below for K-2 students in the Hybrid Learning pathway.
**Meals are not distributed at Open Doors, Renaissance HS or West Sound Tech. Students at those schools are welcome to pick up meals at any other school or collect a meal delivered by bus.
K-2 Hybrid students
- When students are at school, they will eat lunch at school and pick-up a bagged breakfast for the following day.
- When students are learning at home, the following options are available:
- Pick up meals during meal pick-up time (9:30 - 11 a.m.) at any school
- Get a meal delivered by bus.
- Families dropping off K-2 Hybrid students at school in the morning may pick-up meals for their siblings at school from 8:05-8:30 a.m., or during regular meal pick-up time (9:30 - 11 a.m.)
DIETARY RESTRICTIONS AND ALLERGIES
If your child has a dietary restriction or allergy, please contact us at 360-473-4717.
For the 2021-21 school year, breakfast and lunch menus are the same in all schools in the District.
Little Blue Pantries
Since the food banks in Bremerton are only a mile or so apart, there are several neighborhoods in the Greater Bremerton community that do not have easy access to the food banks or grocery stores. The purpose of the Little Blue Pantry project was to bridge the food insufficiency gap in these neighborhoods. Current Little Blue Pantries are located at:
- 816 National Avenue (Navy Yard City)
- Corner of Elm Street and Lebo Blvd. (Sheridan Park near boat launch)
- Aero Mobile Home Park 7420 Highway 3, Bremerton
- 1150 Marine Drive (adjacent to parking lot of Bremerton United Methodist)
- In the alley across Sheridan Road from Iglesia ni Christo Church
Learn more about the Little Blue Pantries here.