2020-2021 School Board Goals
Overarching themes/focus for 2020/2021 are communication, equity, and accountability
Standard 1- Provide responsible school district governance.
Benchmark of Success B: Ensuring the Board is accountable and open to the public including seeking divergent perspectives in its decision making process.
- Follow a defined process for gathering input prior to making critical decisions (Q7).
Benchmark of Success F: Working as an effective and collaborative team.
- Together with the Superintendent, share responsibility for the orientation of new Board members and forming a new inclusive team (Q22).
Standard 3- Create conditions district-wide for student and staff success.
Benchmark of Success B: Employing and supporting quality teachers, administrators and other staff and providing for their professional development.
- Have policies that ensure hiring and retention of highly qualified staff (Q35).
- Have policies for evaluating staff based on student success (Q36).
Benchmark of Success D: Ensuring management of the organization, operations, and resources for an efficient and effective learning environment.
- Communicate an expectation that all classrooms will implement effective instructional practices (Q45).
- Provide for evaluation of district operations to ensure there is an efficient and effective learning environment (Q46).
Standard 4- Hold school district accountable for meeting student learning expectations.
Benchmark of Success A: Committing to continuous improvement in student achievement at each school and throughout the district.
- Ensure a high degree of coherence between the district plan and school improvement plans (Q53).
- Publicly recognize the efforts of schools in improving student learning (Q55).
Benchmark of Success C: Measuring student academic progress and needs based on valid and reliable assessments.
- Regularly evaluate and adjust resources and strategies for closing achievement gaps to maximize their effectiveness (Q62).
- Model cultural, racial, and ethnic understanding and sensitivity (Q64).
Standard 5- Engage local community and represent the values and expectations they hold for their schools.
Benchmark of Success A: Collaborating with families and community members, responding to diverse interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Follow an effective process for responding to questions, concerns, comments or feedback from citizens (Q66).
Benchmark of Success C: Ensuring district information and decisions are communicated community-wide.
- Communicate district performance to the public in clear and understandable ways (Q70).