Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) school closure updates & resources
Parent /family communication
Updates will be sent to parents via email and text message. Urgent or timely updates will also be communicated via "robo call." If you are not getting District emails, texts or "robo calls," you may need to update your communication preferences. Learn more here.
We will also be posting all information shared with families on this web page, and on the District Facebook page.
Anyone can sign-up to receive our School Closure Updates below.
Sign-up to get our School Closure Email Updates
Past Notifications and Updates
3/4/2020 BSD COVID-19 Update
3/2/2020 5:40 p.m. BSD COVID-19 Update
3/2/2020 9:30 a.m. BSD COVID-19 Update
Y-Kids is providing childcare at West Hills STEM Academy and Armin Jahr Elementary. If you have questions about Y-Kids, please contact: Kitsapchildcare@ymcapkc.org or 360-813-1813.
Local resources & assistance
- Kitsap County's Mental Health & Crisis Support Lines
- City of Bremerton COVID Information & Community Resources
- Kitsap Community Foundation COVID response page
- Kitsap County Emergency Financial Assistance (4/20/20)
- Rental assistance
- Stand-Up for Kids: Stand-Up for Kids will have representatives at BHS during meal distribution on Mondays and Wednesdays with soap/shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush/paste for teens in need. Requests for Feminine hygiene products, formula, and diapers, please contact Jennifer.Chamberlin@BremertonSchools.org
- Multicare offering free "E-Visits" for anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms
- Need to talk to a healthcare provider? Contact Peninsula Community Health Services at 360-377-3776 or firstname.lastname@example.org. PCHS also has a chat feature on their website.
COVID-19 Information & Updates
Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
Kitsap Public Health District Resources & Information
Washington State Department of Health (DOH) Resources & Information
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Reporting Anit-Asian Hate Activity