Bus drivers needed!
Please call Marco DiCicco at 360-473-0508 to save your spot in the next training!
The Bremerton School District is looking for bus drivers! We invite parents, friends, family members and neighbors to consider driving a school bus with us.
For substitute drivers BSD provides:
- paid training
- good pay
- flexible hours
- summers off (!!)
Regular, permanent drivers also receive:
- sick/personal leave
- retirement contribution
- medical, dental, and vision benefits!
Please complete the online application and call Marco DiCicco at 360-473-0508 to save your spot in the next training!
No computer access? No problem! Stop by the BSD District Office for assistance!
You can also pick up business cards with more information at the main office at all schools, or from any Bremerton School District bus driver.
Bus Driver Training, Costs and Reimbursement
Bremerton School District will pay for up to 80 hours of training time at minimum wage for the cost of earning a commercial driver's license (CDL) starting the first day of class.
Estimated Costs to Applicants
- $120-$150 for Department of Transportation physical
- $40 for CDL permit
- $35 for CDL general knowledge, passenger endorsement, school bus endorsement, air brake systems
- $10 plus $17 per year for Driver's license with CDL endorsement fee remaining on the current license
These costs will be reimbursed by the District. Fifty-percent is reimbursed six months after training is complete. The additional 50% will be reimbursed after 1-year or upon date-of-hire (whichever is sooner).
To be reimbursed you'll need:
- Original receipts
- Must successfully complete training
Prior to First Day of Training
- You must successfully pass a Department of Transportation physical from a certified DOT physician.
- You must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- You must successfully pass the CDL permit process at the Department of Transportation (this includes general knowledge, passenger endorsement, air brakes (restriction removed), school bus endorsement - CDL Guide Chapters 1-6