Bus drivers needed!
Please call Marco DiCicco at 360-473-0508 to save your spot in the next training!
The Bremerton School District is looking for bus drivers! We invite parents, friends, family members and neighbors to consider driving a school bus with us.
For substitute drivers BSD provides:
- paid training
- good pay (2022-2023 Substitute Driver wage is $24.98 per hour)
- flexible hours
- summers off (!!)
Regular, permanent drivers also receive:
- sick/personal leave
- retirement contribution
- medical, dental, and vision benefits!
Please complete the online application and call Marco DiCicco at 360-473-0508 to save your spot in the next training!
No computer access? No problem! Stop by the BSD District Office for assistance!
You can also pick up business cards with more information at the main office at all schools, or from any Bremerton School District bus driver.
Bus Driver Training, Costs and Reimbursement
Bremerton School District will pay for up to 80 hours of training time at current substitute driver wage for the cost of earning a commercial driver's license (CDL) starting the first day of class. The 2022-2023 Substitute Driver wage is $24.98 per hour.
Estimated Costs to Applicants
- $120-$150 for Department of Transportation physical
- $40 for CDL permit
- $35 for CDL general knowledge, passenger endorsement, school bus endorsement, air brake systems
- $10 plus $17 per year for Driver's license with CDL endorsement fee remaining on the current license
These costs will be reimbursed by the District. Fifty-percent is reimbursed six months after training is complete. The additional 50% will be reimbursed after 1-year or upon date-of-hire (whichever is sooner).
To be reimbursed you'll need:
- Original receipts
- Must successfully complete training
Prior to First Day of Training
- You must successfully pass a Department of Transportation physical from a certified DOT physician.
- You must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- You must successfully pass the CDL permit process at the Department of Transportation (this includes general knowledge, passenger endorsement, air brakes (restriction removed), school bus endorsement - CDL Guide Chapters 1-6
The Bremerton School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. This holds true for all students who are interested in participation in educational programs and/or extra-curricular school activities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District’s Title IX/RCW 28A.640 Officer and ADA Coordinator, Garth Steedman, at 360.473.1031, email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Section 504 Coordinator, Mark Mayfield, at 360.473.4702, email email@example.com. Mailing address: 134 Marion Avenue North, Bremerton, WA 98312.