The Board holds meetings on most first and third Thursdays at 5:00 pm in our district Administration Building Board Room, located at 134 Marion Avenue North. Exceptions are November, December, January, April and July. See below for a schedule of this year's regular Board meetings. If you have any questions, please call 360.473.1031.
You can check out the latest news from our Board meetings. View brief highlights from each Board meeting under "Board Meeting Highlights" on the left.
2021-2022 Meeting Schedule
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, the BSD Board of Directors held its meetings via ZOOM during the 2020-21 school year. If this continues into the 2021-22 SY, the District will provide links to these meetings, along with our Agenda on our BoardDocs site. A webinar attendee link will be shared on BoardDocs the day of the scheduled meeting. Regular Board Meetings Start at 5:00 pm generally on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month unless otherwise indicated (January, April**, July, November and December currently have only one scheduled Regular Board Meeting, usually held on the 2nd Thursday of those months). All regular meetings are held in the Administration Building Board Room at 134 Marion Avenue No., Bremerton, WA 98312. **April's meeting will occur the third Thursday of the month due to spring break.
September 2, 2021
*September 16, 2021
October 7, 2021
*October 21, 2021
**November 9, 2021
December 9, 2021
*January 13, 2022
February 3, 2022
*February 17, 2022
March 3, 2022
*March 17, 2022
April 14, 2022
May 5, 2022
*May 19, 2022
June 2, 2022
*June 16, 2022
July 14, 2022
August 4, 2022
*August 18, 2022
* The Board plans to hold study sessions on each of these dates. Currently, they are held before the regular 5pm meeting time, but times will be posted along with the Agenda for that special meeting/study session at least 24 hours before each date.
** The November meeting with be held on a Tuesday, as Thursday, November 11th, is a national holiday to honor our Veterans.
Board meetings will be scheduled in compliance with the law and as deemed by the Board to be in the best interests of the District and community. The Board will function through (1) regular meetings, (2) special meetings, and (3) emergency meetings.
Special meetings may be called by the President or at the request of a majority of the Board members. An electronic notice of a special meeting, stating the time and place of the special meeting and the business to be transacted will be delivered to each Board member. Written notice will also be delivered to each newspaper and radio or television station that has filed a written request for such notices. Written notice may be delivered personally or by mail, facsimile or electronic mail. The notice must be posted on the District’s website.Agendas, Minutes, and Other InformationVisit our BoardDocs website. It is an easy site to navigate around. Here are a few tips:
- For current meeting information, select the "Welcome" tab, which displays current meeting agendas and materials.
- To view minutes, find the meeting then click on "View the Minutes" button on the far right (available only after approval by the Board).
- For information on individual Board members, on the Welcome Page, select Board Members on the left side.
- For past meeting information, select the "Meetings" tab to scroll down through past meeting agendas and materials.
If you have any questions or comments about BoardDocs, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-473-1031.
- To view upcoming meeting schedules and planned study sessions, click on the "Library" tab, then General, then click on Schedules.