VolunteerOpportunitiesThe volunteer needs of the District are constantly changing.Below are just a few of the many Volunteer Opportunities available in the District. If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below, please email the staff contact that is listed. For those without a specific individual listed, please email the school's volunteer coordinator and they will connect you with the proper person.District-Wide Volunteer OpportunitiesJoyce Cowdery - District Volunteer CoordinatorBelow are some of the need district-wide. Each School has their own specific wants/needs/scheduling for volunteers in these areas.
Armin Jahr Elementary - K-5ALESA SCHIANO - AJ Volunteer Coordinator
- Readers - Listening to Students Read to promote efficiency
- Math - Many teachers request that you are present when the lesson is given so that you are in alignment with the "new" math programs being utilized
- Math Blast - District-wide Math Blast Event - Geared for Preschool-5th Grade, utilizing 6th-12th graders and adults as Math Mentors at this FUN Family Event - Joyce Cowdery
- Be Bremerton - Bremerton Schools Giving Back to the Community - This service event is held annually in Bremerton - Joyce Cowdery
- Science Fair - There is a flurry of science throughout the school year with a concentration beginning in December and going through April, partly in preparation for the Washington State Science and Engineering Fair that is held in Bremerton.
- Kindergarten Fair - This event welcoms incoming students and their families.
View Ridge Elementary - K-5Kim Trembley - VR Volunteer CoordinatorNaval Avenue Early Learning Center K-3Spanish Immersion ProgramJulie Anderson - NA Volunteer Coordinator
- Reading Groups - Bethany Hansen
Kitsap Lake Elementary - K-5Terri Beliveau - Volunteer Coordinator
- Spanish Speakers/Readers - Volunteers need to be proficient in Spanish in order to assist new readers in proper pronunciation.
West Hills STEM Academy - K-8Spanish Immersion Program 4th - 5th gradeNICHOLE THORSEN - WH Volunteer Coordinator
- Readers are Leaders Program - Hilah Cochrane - Prefer to schedule volunteers for the beginning and end of school day, but willing to work with volunteer's schedules on a case by case basis.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
Crownhill Elementary - K-5Emily Bach - CH Volunteer CoordinatorBremerton High School - 9th-12thTERESA HEFFNER- BHS Volunteer Coordinator
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dad's of Great Students) - positive male role models active throughout the school - Andrew Nelson
- Readers for Spanish Immersion Program - Volunteers need to be proficient in Spanish - Ivelis Botti
- WRC (Washington Reading Corps) - Chris Drebick
- Math and/or Science - Des Hall
- Field Excursion Chaperones - Dates and times vary for these monthly excursions that are targeted for grades 3-5
Renaissance Alternative High SchoolKristen Morga - Principal
- Knight Academy - After school Homework (Math and Science tutors wanted) in the library on Mon, Tues, Wed - Cindy McClain
- Guiding Knights - Positive Role Models active in the school - Teresa Heffner
- Guest Speakers, Job Shadows, Monthly Mentors for JAG (Jobs for America's Graduates) Program - Deann Irish
West Sound Technical Skills CenterShani Watkins, WST Director473-0552
- Weekly Mentors - willing to accommodate volunteers' availability - Kristen Morga
- Mandatory Training and Interview prior to placement
- Professionals to serve on assorted Advisory Committees - Shani Watkins
- Classroom Advisory Committees - currently there are 11 separate committees to select from. Committees are representative of the 11 programs that WST offers
- General Advisory Committee - Explore career needs that our community needs - this committee oversees the 11 sub committees
Last Modified on August 23, 2018