McKinney-Vento Act - Homeless
If you lost your housing and now live in a shelter, motel, vehicle, camping ground, or temporary trailer; on the street; doubled-up with family or friends due to loss of housing or economic hardship; or in another type of temporary or inadequate housing, your child might be able to receive help through a federal law called the McKinney-Vento Act.Your family may be eligible for services under this federal program, if you live in any of the following conditions:
To find out about your students rights:
- Unsheltered, living in a vehicle of any kind, park, campground, bus/train station, abandoned building, without running water/electricity, abandoned in a hospital, or inadequate housing accommodations.
- Temporarily living with another person due to loss of housing, economic hardship or similar reason.
- Emergency or transitional shelter, interim/short term foster home.
View the following documents for more information about your rights:
- Immediate enrollment in the appropriate school
- Receive free lunch and breakfast
- Attend their school of origin (including necessary transportation)
- Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to the students needs
- Receive support from the Bremerton School District McKinney-Vento Liaison - Linda Sullivan-Dudzic
For more information about this federal program, please visit the Homeless Education section of the OSPI website or contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 360-725-6505. Contact your local schools counselor or interventionist and/or our Homeless Liaison, Linda Sullivan-Dudzic, in our Special Programs Department at 360-473-1077.
- Information for School-Aged Youth
- Information for Parents
- Kitsap Community RESOURCE GUIDE
- Información para padres
- Información para Jóvenes en Edad Escolar
- Dispute Resolution Policy
- Dispute Resolution Paperwork
- Bremerton School District McKinney Vento Brochure
School Counselor/Interventionist Armin Jahr Karen Ward-Avery Crownhill Courtney Hjelmaa Kitsap Lake Suzanne Wisenburg Naval Avenue Clinton Dearborn View Ridge Kim Kinyon West Hills S.T.E.M. Kasia Rogue Bremerton High School Grade 10-12 last name (A-F) Melanie Fleites Grade 10-12 last name (G-M) Cynthia Kapsch Grade 10-12 last name (N-Z) Darence Shine Grade 9 Lisa LeSueur Mountain View Middle School Grade 7 Rosemary Farley Grade 6 Karla Polillo Renaissance High School Kristen Morga