• Student Registration




    Online Student Registration
    Is Available for NEW Students to the District!

    (Students currently attending any Bremerton school in grades K-11 do not need to register.) 

    Bremerton School District looks forward to offering your child a quality education, every day. Year-round registration is available for all Bremerton Schools. Parents can register at your local school or visit our District Administration Building, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm located at 134 Marion Ave N, Bremerton, WA 98312.

    Bremerton School District also hosts the West Sound Technical Skills Center, a regional cooperative career-technical educational program for high school students from surrounding school districts. You can learn more about West Sound Tech and enrollment information at www.westsoundtech.com or call 360-473-0550. 

    New Student Registration & Information

    Bremerton School District uses a new online registration process called Skyward New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE). Please read the following careful prior to starting the online registration process.  You’ll have the opportunity to upload completed forms during the online enrollment process.

    What do I need to enroll my Kindergarten student in Bremerton Schools? 
    To enroll, you will need to provide the following information:

    • A copy of a birth certificate, passport or other government issued document with the student’s legal name/date of birth
    • Up to date Immunization Records
    • Emergency Contact Information
    • Your child must be five years of age by August 31 in order to begin Kindergarten for the new school year

    IMPORTANT: The first day of school for Kindergarten students starts the Monday following the first day of school which is usually a Wednesday.  However, if school starts prior to Labor Day, Kindergarten students would then start on the Tuesday after Labor Day.  

    What do I need to enroll my student all other grades in Bremerton Schools? 
    To enroll, you will need to provide the following information:

    • Up to date Immunization Records
    • Emergency Contact Information
    • Special Needs records such as IEP, evaluations, 504 Plans or any other special education records.
    • Previous School Records (these can be requested from the previous school when you register)

    For students entering middle school or high school (grades 6-12), copies of the following are helpful:

    • Copy of most current grade report or withdrawal grades
    • Copy of transcript for entering grades 9-12

    Does the student reside within the Bremerton School District boundary?
    Students who live outside the District’s boundaries are welcome to attend Bremerton Schools, as long as the school has sufficient space and parents are willing to provide transportation. A Choice Transfer Request Form from the student's resident district must be submitted and approved, before a student can be registered for classes.  PLEASE NOTE:  Students must BEGIN this process with their resident district by completing a Choice Transfer Request available at their resident district, student school or BSD district office.

    For more information about non-resident enrollment, please contact Michelle Gatmen at 360-473-1006. 

    District Attendance Area Transfers (Open Enrollment)
    Bremerton School District’s Open Enrollment Policy #3130 allows elementary students to live in one school attendance area and attend school in another attendance area based on approval by Building Principal and the Superintendent. Parents must complete an Open Enrollment Application and submit it to desired school each year. Parents can determine their attendance are by using Infofinder.

    FREE All-Day Kindergarten
    Bremerton Schools are proud to offer one of the best FREE All-Day Kindergarten programs in the state! This program is available to children who live in or have child care in the Bremerton School District attendance area and Jackson Park residents. Out-of-district students can also attend this program, as space permits. Visit our website to find out more about FREE All-Day Kindergarten and our Dual Language Immersion programs.


     Stop icon

    If you have a Family Access Account, access New Student Online Enrollment by logging in to SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS.  If you forgot your login information, contact your child’s school or the district office (360-473-1076). 


    If you are NEW and need a Skyward Family Access Account, visit the ACCOUNT REQUEST PAGE and complete the required fields to request an account to enroll your student(s).  Once the information has been submitted, you will receive an email with your account information and a link to access the login page.  If you have any questions, please call 360-473-1076.

    Registration Forms
    Parents can also enroll their student(s) by completing the required forms below and returning them to your neighborhood school or the District Office. 


    Mountain View Middle School Student Course Request Form
    Immunization Requirements
    The State of Washington requires all children entering kindergarten or sixth grade to have: 
    • a series of three Hepatitis B vaccinations as well as immunization against Polio, Diphtheria/Tetanus, Rubella, Mumps, and Measles, and Varicella (Chickenpox) before they enter school. Starting with the fall of 2016, all students 9th - 12th grade will be required to have two doses of the Varicella vaccine.
    • a second measles immunization (MMR) is also required before your child can enter kindergarten or the sixth grade
    • sixth grade students are required to have an additional Tetanus (Tdap) vaccine
    If parents/guardians choose to exempt their child from one or more of the required vaccines, they must complete the Certificate of Exemption Form (DOH 348-106). All exemptions must have a licensed health care provider sign and date the form where indicated. A health care provider does not need to sign the form for parents/guardians who show membership in a church or religious body that does not allow medical care from a health care provider. Additional information is available at www.doh.wa.gov/CommunityandEnvironment/Schools/Immunization/VaccineRequirements.aspx.
    An additional vaccine called Gardasil is now available for boys and girls ages 9 and up. This vaccine can help protect against some strains of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV), a sexually transmitted disease which can cause cancer. Many health officials recommend this vaccine, but it is not required for school.

    To enroll in Bremerton Schools, several forms must be filled out and returned to your neighborhood school or the district office. For your convenience we have linked these forms to our web site.



    Early Entrance Kindergarten

    Children who turn five between September 1st and October 31st may be eligible for Kindergarten if they pass an Early Entrance Test. There is an $80 non-refundable fee for this test (a reduced rate is available for free and reduced lunch program participants). No make-up tests will be given.  Please call 360-473-1061 beginning June 15, 2018, or to request an information packet.
    The testing takes 1.5 hours to complete using the DIBELS (Dynamic Inventory of Basic Early Literacy Skills), DIAL (Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning), and Easy CBM.
    Release of Student Information / Photo Release

    In accordance with federal and state laws, the Bremerton School District may release student directory information for various purposes. Additionally, the Community Relations Department and district staff may take photographs of students and school activities which may appear in various District materials, including the District’s website (www.bremertonschools.org), newsletters, yearbooks, calendars, etc. Parents and eligible students have a right to opt-out of the inclusion of information about their student by completing a Release of Student Information & Photo Release “Opt Out” Form and submit it to your child's school.

    Enrollment Options
    Most students in Washington go to public schools that are closest to their homes. But parents and guardians have many enrollment options for their kids. Students can attend an approved private school, enroll in an Alternative Learning Experience program (such as an online school), be taught at home, etc.. In some circumstances, they also can transfer to other schools within or outside the district in which they live.  For information, please reference Learning by Choice Student Enrollment Options in Washington.  If you wish to attend outside of Bremerton School District, please "click" the link to the Choice Transfer Request Portal.  https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us/ChoiceTransferRequest



    For all other questions about registration, please call 360-473-1076.



Last Modified on Tuesday at 10:02 AM