Emergency PreparednessEvery Bremerton school, along with all other schools in Kitsap County, has a “Circle of Eight” safety plan in place. Staff members are organized and have training in the following areas:
- Incident Command
- First Aid
- Fire & Utilities
- Damage Assessment
- Student/Staff Supervision
- Search & Rescue
- Student/Parent Reunion
We have a strong partnership with Bremerton Police Department and have trained with them on a variety of emergency situations.Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management has coordinated countywide planning with all law enforcement, fire, medical, military, and school organizations so that an effective team can be put in place immediately for any emergency.
Our students and staff routinely practice fire, earthquake, and lockdown drills.
Communication plans are in place to let you know the latest information about our schools as quickly as possible. These include:
- The emergency “snow notification” system on radio and television.
- A radio network system among all our buildings so the central office can communicate with each building even when students and staff have evacuated.
- A central office staff that supports building staff and is ready to answer telephone calls from parents (360.473.1031) so that teachers and principals can take care of students.
Importantly, we have quality, trained teachers, office and support staff, and administrators who care about your children and each other. Our staff is familiar with their school and its surroundings. Anything or anyone unusual will be reported to law enforcement for their follow-up.
You can help by doing the following:
- Have an emergency plan in place at your home that you and your children know. Make sure they have a back-up plan in case you are not able to be home for them.
- Learn more at the other links listed below.
- Keep checking this page for updated information.
We will continue to focus on our mission of quality learning for all students and to have our school days as normal as possible. Take care of yourself and your family. We will take care of students and staff when they are with us.