We invite parents and community members to be active in our schools. We invite you to share your talents with us, during whatever time you can make available. There are many ways you can get involved!
- Join a parent-teacher association or other parent group
- Volunteer in a classroom or at a school event
- Help out with special events
- Build a partnership between a school and your community organization
By getting involved, you’ll know more about how our schools work. That can help you become a better advocate for your child or your neighbors. It also shows kids how important their education is — to them and everyone around them.
Becoming a volunteer
Volunteers play an important role in our schools. We've updated our volunteer guidlines and application process to meet COVID-19 guidelines, to be more efficient with District resources, and to improve the process and experience for our volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we encourage you to:
1) Contact your child's teacher or the school at which you'd like to volunteer to inquire about volunteer opportunities (get contact information for volunteer coordinators for each school below)
2) Complete this quick survey (link coming soon!) and you will be contacted if there is a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and talents.
3) Check out current volunteer opportunities and reach out to the contact listed if you are interested!
Once a volunteer opportunity has been identified for you, you will be provided a link to our online volunteer application to begin the approval process.
2022-23 Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteers must complete the volunteer application process and pass a background check.
- Volunteers must be vaccinated for COVID-19, per the order issued by Governor Inslee.
- If the volunteer is experiencing any symptoms of illness, they cannot enter the school facility.
- Masks are not required.
- Before entering the school, visitors must check-in at the school's Welcome Center and be logged-in to Bremerton School District's visitor management system (Raptor) by a staff member.
- Volunteers must wear the Raptor security badge that is provided when they check-in so that it is visible at all times while in the school.