Students, Families and Community,
The Year of the Knight 2014-2015 begins another journey of learning for all of us. I am honored to serve as principal of Bremerton High School, a school with a rich tradition and legacy in our community. The traditions at Bremerton include the “Knight Way” in terms of respect, responsibility and safety. Our recent Washington State recognition as a 2013 Washington AchievementAward Winner and a Washington STEM Lighthouse School are wonderful to share,but our real focus is on creating an engaging and inspirational culture foryour son or daughter to thrive.
I have a few priorities that center on characteristics of high performing schools. An easy way to remember my priorities is to think of Triple A. The three A’s stand for Academics, Athletics, and the Arts. Academics remain the core of our mission for our students. Athletics and the Arts help to engage students in the school, and help create the exciting culture we want for our students.
As we embark on this journey, our goals and my commitments are:
• To establish high expectations and an academic focus for all students with a belief that performance really matters
• To improve student achievement in all areas, especially in state assessed areas of reading, writing, mathematics and science where we strive to exceed state averages
• To measure our success in how well we meet the instructional needs of all students resulting in a high graduation rate
• To improve school climate where self and mutual respect are central to creating a safe and positive learning environment
• To support all teachers to deliver the highest quality instruction
By working together we can provide a wonderful, high quality learning environment where all students can achieve success and become prepared to pursue future educational, professional and career goals.
Thank you for your support, and I look forward to working collaboratively as we begin this new school year. Please continue to check our website for new information and upcoming events. Our website represents our commitment to connect and engage with our school, parents and stakeholders.
John A. Polm, Jr.
Bremerton High School Principal