Skyward Family Access is a web-based component of Skyward, our student database management system. This access will enable parents to take an unprecedented and much more proactive role in their student's education. This access is secured by a unique username and password.
With this system you will now have access to the following information on your student(s):
In terms of security, we realize how sensitive student information is. We have taken a number of steps to protect access to this data.
*Current Grades: There are many factors that determine how soon a teacher can assess and return assignments. Essays and research papers take longer to grade than a quiz or daily work. Coaching, club sponsorships, and family commitments can also affect turnaround time, as well as a teacher's student load. We have encouraged our staff to post grades every 3 business days at the minimum for quizzes and daily work, and every 5-7 business days for research papers and projects. We urge students and parents to be patient as teachers do their best to return assignments and post grades as promptly as their schedule allows.
1. How do I obtain an account?
Contact your child's school to set up an account.
2. Do I have to apply each year, or is my login information good forever? Do I have to submit an application for each of my children?
Your username and password are good forever. If you have children on other campuses, you do not need another username and do not have to reapply to access data for those children.
3. Why do my spouse and I both need a login and password?
Security and a sign-in log are maintained by Family Access.
4. Do I need a different password if I have students on different campuses?
No. Your username and password will allow access to information about all of your students.
5. I have children at more than one campus. I can see my child at the Middle School, but I can’t see the information regarding my children on other campuses.
Check the drop-down menu at the upper left of the screen. If any student’s name is missing, please notify the campus contact.
6. I have forgotten my password and/or username. How do I get another one?
Call or email the campus contact.
7. My login and password are not working today. I just used them yesterday, and I logged into the program with no problems.
8. Where can we use this system if we do not have Internet access at home or work?
Public library/School library
9. Is the system secure?
The system uses SSL encryption, a common method of securing online commercial transactions. The district and our ISP have multiple firewalls.
10. How often do the teachers update their grade books?
Grading entry requirements are a campus/department decision. Grading timelines will vary by subject, grade level, and type of assignment. We ask that the parents be understanding but also that our teachers be responsible.
11. What do I do if the demographic information in Family Access is incorrect?
Call your child's school.