One of the best ways to be informed about what's happening in public education in your community and to have a voice in it, is to attend a meeting of your local school board. Our Board welcomes you at its meetings. If you would like to bring something to the attention of the directors, there is a public comment period at the beginning of each regular meeting where visitors may make presentations lasting up to five minutes. Provided near the entrance, you will find forms, “Request to Address The Board of Directors;” please complete this form and give to Ms. Cossack before the Board meeting if you wish to provide comments. You may also comment prior to Board action on any specific action agenda item, by simply raising your hand during Board discussion. Comments on agenda items are also limited to five minutes. You may also write, email, or telephone your school board directors to make your opinions known.
Please note that discussions regarding individual staff or students are not appropriate for a public meeting. Please contact the Superintendent regarding these complaint procedures.
For agendas, minutes, and other information, please visit our BoardDocs website. It is an easy site to navigate around. Here are a few tips:
- For current meeting information, select the "Welcome" tab, which displays current meeting agendas and materials.
- For information on individual Board members, on the Welcome Page, select Board Members on the left side.
- For past meeting information, select the "Meetings" tab to scroll down through past meeting agendas and materials.
- To view minutes, click on "View the Minutes" button on the far right (available only after approval by the Board).
- To view upcoming meeting schedules and planned study sessions, click on the "Library" tab, then General, then click on Schedules.
If you have any questions or comments about BoardDocs, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-473-1031.