WELCOME TO THE
Bremerton School District's alternative learning opportunity for 9th and 10th grade students.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
New student registration begins August 26, 2013, from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
12:30 pm - 3:30
All students are required to attend this orientation.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
9:00 - 3:00
All students are required to attend.
What is the Phoenix Academy?
- A contractual Alternative Learning Experience as established and governed by the Washington Administrative Codes WAC 392-121-182 for 9th & 10th grade students
- A school dedicated to supporting student improvement through the three A's, Attendance, Attitude, Academics
- A "School of Choice" which means students choose to come here and choose to perform based on the three A's
- Offers all required curriculum to prepare for required state assessments
- Students earn credit based on demonstration of mastery of class standards
- All students are required to attend Advisory Class each week
What is the Phoenix Academy Schedule?
- The school year is divided into eight terms of approximately 4 weeks in length
- Individual appointments to evaluate progress is required at the end of each term
- Students will attend an AM session (8:05 am - 11:20 pm) or a PM session (11:50 am - 3:05 pm)
- Breakfast will be 7:40 - 8:05 am and Lunch will be 11:20 - 11:50 pm
- Each session will include 4 periods
- Credit will be earned in Math, English, Social Studies, CTE, Science, and Advisory
- Parents/students can register at the Phoenix Academy, 3428 Burwell Street, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Registration packets are available on our website or at the District Office.